When EM Normandie is mentioned, we think of Le Havre, Caen, Paris, Dublin or even Oxford. We think of this international Grande École, with its five campuses, proud to conquer new lands, to take to new horizons, making no secret of its intention to lay down its flag in other cities, in other strategic countries, in the near future. But let's go back to the very beginning, to 21 rue Ancelot, in Le Havre- an address steeped in history. With its port that leads to the English Channel, playing an important role in international trade, and its proximity to Paris, Le Havre is the ideal location for a business school. The School took over the premises of the former Hôtel du Bon Mousse and built solid foundations there for more than twenty years.
1893: First relocation. To accommodate the growing number of students, we invested in a building at 5 place des Écoles, Boulevard François 1 er , which we extended. We then had nine classes and space for over 300 learners! We added more facilities - a library, reading room and physics laboratory. At that time, we were already keen to provide only the best learning conditions, to pave the way for a successful student experience...Unfortunately during the Second World War, the city was completely destroyed and our wonderful School’s building was reduced to rubble. After operating temporarily from a wing of the École des Beaux-Arts (School of Fine Arts), Place Holker, we set up simple barracks on the corner of rue Ancelot and rue Ernest-Renan. The years went by and we held strong! Like a phoenix that rises from its ashes, the city was rebuilt, driven by avant-garde architect, Auguste Perret, who built a rectilinear city dominated by concrete. In 1954, we followed suit as his colleague Robert Royon, consultant architect of the Le Havre Chamber of Commerce and Industry, got to work designing our new building. A concrete structure began to take shape and its grand colonnade, marrying the traditional with the modern, became its distinctive feature. Over the years, the building grew, and each extension further reflected the School’s dynamic of growth.
In 1982, we broadened our scope on the other side of the water, on our Caen campus, with one year of specialisation, followed by the creation, in 1987, of SUP EUROPE CESEC, a 3-year program. The EM Normandie force was gaining momentum. We continued to extend the site, constantly striving to achieve the best learning conditions and a wider range of services for our students. Gyms, dining areas, even a nightclub, were opened there. As the two historic campuses went from strength to strength, new territory was conquered. The Deauville site opened in 2005 (until 2016), followed by Paris in 2013, Oxford in 2014 and Dublin in 2017.
The School with an international focus has become a fully-fledged international School. What’s more, with its brand-new High-Tech campus in Le Havre, at 20 Quai Frissard, the heart of the Le Havre-Normandie campus, EM Normandie, firmly anchored in its territory and geared towards digital teaching methods, has become a true EdTech School (Educational Technology), open to innovative synergies and open to the world.
2006: EM Normandie’s Master in Management is launched!